Terms and conditions of sale:
- The “Buyer” means the Account Holder or person who buys or agrees to buy Goods from the Seller.
- The “Seller” means M &R Joinery Services Ltd.
- “Condition” means the conditions of sale set out in this document and any special conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
- The “Terms and Conditions” do not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- Acceptance of delivery of the Goods shall be deemed conclusive evidence of the Buyer acceptance of these conditions.
- All prices are subject to VAT which will be charged at the current rate.
- The total purchase price, including VAT will be confirmed to the Buyer via post, fax or Email confirming the order detail, delivery date and price.
- A 50% Deposit is required for both supply only & supply & fit contracts. This not only secures the order, but also enables M & R Joinery Services Ltd to confirm the delivery or installation date. Please note that production will not commence until we receive cleared funds of the 50% deposit.
- Payments can be made with a Debit Card, Credit Card (A 2% Surcharge Applies to a credit card), and BACS Payment to M & R Joinery Services Ltd Sort Code 16-30-28 Account Number 10081992.
- A 2nd payment is required of 25% 2 weeks before your delivery or installation date for both supply only or supply and fit contracts.
- The final payment of 25% for supply only contracts is required to be paid with cleared funds prior to the products being dispatched for your agreed delivery date.
- The final payment of 25% for supply & fit contracts is required to be paid on the final day of your installation with a cheque.
- Warranty and liability.
- Maintenance of all Timber Products is required by the buyer.
- The Seller warrants that the Goods will at the time of delivery correspond to the description given by the Seller.
- Whilst every reasonable effort shall be made to keep to a delivery date, time of delivery shall not be of the essence and the Seller shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Buyer or any other person or company arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date.
- Ownership and Risk.
- The risk in Goods shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery of the Goods or upon the Goods being appropriated to the Buyer but kept at the Sellers premises at the Buyers request.
- The Seller remains the owner of the Goods affected by the contract until the Seller has been paid in full for such Goods.
- The Buyer shall inspect the Goods immediately upon receipt and shall notify the Seller within seven days of delivery in writing to M &R Joinery’s head office if the Goods are damaged or do not comply with any of the Contract. If the Buyer fails to do this he is deemed to have accepted the Goods.
Any Goods in respect of which any claim of defect or damage is made shall be preserved by the Buyer intact, and either:
- Retained by the Buyer for a reasonable period to enable the Seller to inspect or collect the Goods or:
- At the Sellers option returned by the Buyer to the Seller who will inspect the Goods to confirm they are in fact defective.
- Any cancellation of an order must be within the 7 Days of the contract being signed.
- On receipt of written cancellation a full refund of your deposit will be given.
- The cancellation form enclosed is to be used for this purpose.
- Preferably by sending the form to M &R Joinery’s head office recorded delivery.
- It is essential that the form reaches us within the 7 days of the contract being signed or the right to your deposit is forfeited.
- If you have a complaint about our service or any goods you purchased from M &R Joinery Services Ltd please contact us immediately. You will be contacted as soon as possible.
- All complaints will be dealt with in a fair and confidential manner.
- We guarantee to repair as against full replacement within the guarantee period (12 months) where we deem it to be practicable and appropriate using our industry related experience.
- We shall not be held responsible for any timber product that has not been treated in line with the manufacturer’s recommendations regarding protection of windows and doors.
- Despite the fact that your statutory rights remain unaffected, this guarantee does not extend to:
- Minor imperfections within the glass and outside the scope of the visual quality standard of the Glass and Federation
- Damage due to misuse, neglect or lack of maintenance by you, or from causes beyond our control.
- Any work(s) carried out by others associated with this installation or to those parts of this installation affected by work(s) by others, other than work carried out by this company or its employees.
- Nothing in these conditions will reduce your statutory rights relating to faulty or miss described goods and services.
- For further information about your statutory rights contact your Local Authority Trading Standards Department.
Contract Terms & Conditions:
- Deposits: Information about the scope of the operation of the deposit protection scheme is set out in the document that you should have received with this paperwork.
- Deposit amount to be agreed between M&R Joinery and the customer (Minimum 50%), please note no manufacturing will commence until funds have cleared for the deposit.
- If you are unhappy with the contract for any reason it can be cancelled and a full refund of the deposit can be obtained by taking or sending a letter to M &R Joinery Services Ltd, Unit H, Centro Park, Beckett Close, Knowsley Industrial Park, Knowsley, L33 7DF, sent within seven days following the date on which the contract was signed. The cancellation form provided may be used for this purpose. In the interest of certainty, we recommend that you send any cancellation by recorded delivery.
- A survey will take place at a time agreed by both parties, but no later than 21 days after the signing of the contract, unless agreed by both parties.
- We shall not be liable for any delay in the completion of the work which arises from causes beyond our control. (For example fire, flooding, civil disturbances, strike action by others, criminal damage, acts of war and the weather.
- You or we are entitled to cancel this contract in the event of any serious breach of contract by you or us.
- We shall retain ownership of any goods which have not yet been fixed to your property, until the full purchase price has been paid.
- We will remove and dispose of all replaced existing doors, windows and/or frames unless you ask us to leave them on the premises/site, or it is agreed and stated that the customer will be providing a skip at no cost to M&R Joinery on site for M&R Joinery to dispose of all debris.
Subject to the manufacturers recommendations set out below, any windows, doors, double glazing and ironmongery, manufactured or supplied by M &R Joinery are guaranteed from the date of supply (invoice date) against defects in materials and workmanship as follows:
- Double Glazed Units are guaranteed for 10 years. (The first year, new units and labour. The following 9 years, units supplied only with a labour charge to install per unit of £75+vat).
- All ironmongery is guaranteed for 1 year parts and labour.
- Spring balances are guaranteed for 10 years. (The first year, new spring balances and labour. The following 9 years, new spring balances supplied only with a labour charge to install each pair of failed balances of £75+vat).
- Factory Paint Finish is guaranteed for 3-5 years parts and labour subject to paint manufacturer’s conditions and locations. (Available on request).
- Timber windows are guaranteed for 10 years against fungal & rot breakdown, as long as the correct maintenance has been carried out in line with M & R Joinery’s Terms & Conditions.
- Internal & external doors and are guaranteed for 1 year, against swelling or warping.
- Applied Duplex Bars are guaranteed for 10 years. (The first year, re-apply the bar including new tape & labour. The following 9 years new tape & bars if required supplied only with a labour charge to install the first 5 bars of £75+vat, & £3+vat for each bar thereafter).
- Leaks – Any product that M & R Joinery has installed which leaks within the first year will be rectified by M & R Joinery free of charge. M & R Joinery cannot be held responsible for any leaks which appear after the first 12months. Any site visits required after the 1st year will carry a labour charge of £75+vat per visit.
Please Note The Following:
- Any breakages of glass after installation are excluded from the guarantee, unless proven to have been broken at the time of installation.
- Any defects caused to any products manufactured and installed by M&R Joinery, by the materials used and workmanship of any third party is excluded from the guarantee.
- All defects and complaints relating to goods or workmanship in the first twelve months from date of supply or date of completion of installation to be replaced / rectified at no cost to the customer.
- All products supply only /supply and fit should be cared for and maintained during the guarantee period in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- M & R Joinery cannot guarantee 100% that knots will not show through any factory finished product when the timber being used is Softwood.
Manufacturers Recommendations Regarding Protection of Timber Windows & Doors:
- The correct treatment of all timber windows and doors is critical and failure to carry this out will lead to the guarantee being invalidated.
- Any timber product which is supplied only or supplied and fitted to the buyer of a primed only nature would require top coating within 2 weeks of delivery/fitting with a suitable micro porous product. Failure to fulfil this would nullify any guarantees.
- Any factory finished item would require maintenance coats after 3 -5 years dependant on location. (Please refer to the Morrells website for advice or contact M & R Joinery’s head office).
Any claim made under this guarantee should be made directly to M&R Joinery, the claim itself should be in a letter setting out the date of installation and address of the property and giving a brief explanation of the problem which has led to the claim, the letter should then be sent together with your final invoice as proof of purchase.